10/26/2015 | By Summit Vacations
Here at Summit Vacations we have so much to be thankful for, especially our fantastic guest that chose to stay with us during the beautiful month of November and throughout the holiday season. We are so grateful for the amazing town of Breckenridge, our delightful guests and those that make it possible for this property management company to operate smoothly and efficiently. This Thanksgiving we are counting down our blessings and looking forward to all the fun things we have in store!
4. WE ARE THANKFUL FOR RECREATION
3. WE ARE THANKFUL FOR CHARITY
- There are always many recreational activities going on at Breckenridge, from sports like skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing to biking, swimming and yoga. From November 30th to December 6th, we have a very special sporting event taking place at the Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center on Peak 9. This event is very near to our hearts, as it is the 28th annual Hartford Ski Spectacular, our nation’s largest winter sports festival for people with disabilities. The Breckenridge community is so grateful for the opportunity to host this noble competition organized by Disabled Sports USA.
- On November 8th, from 4:00 - 6:00 pm, the Riverwalk Center at 150 W. Adams Avenue, will be presenting a singular event titled, “An Afternoon with David Sedaris.” Mr. Sedaris, author of novels such as “Me Talk Pretty One Day”, “Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls”, “Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk”, and “Holiday’s On Ice”, is known as much for his bantering humor as he is for his satiric wit and social critique. Tickets range from $40.00 - $60.00 and are well worth the price for the chance to observe and listen to one of America’s pre-eminent writers.
- A short 30 minutes from Breckenridge lays the town of Keystone. On November 14th, from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, join our neighbors at Warren Station on 164 Ida Belle Dr., Keystone, CO 80435 for pizza, drinks and a totally tubular viewing of Greg Stump's 1988 legendary rockumentary-style extreme ski film, Blizzard of AAHHH’s. Make sure to dig into the back of your closet and don your most righteously rad 80’s style gear for this awesome throw-back!
2. WE ARE THANKFUL FOR SNOW
- Kenosha Steakhouse and Rita’s Specialty Marg’s & Taco Bar, both located at 301 S Main St., have banded together to put together an simple charity event known as Eat. Drink. Give. Merely by stopping in for a bite or a drink anytime between 11:30 am and 9:00 pm on Wednesday, November 11th and Wednesday, November 18th, Rita’s and Kenosha’s will donate 5% of total sales to charities such as the Little Red School House and the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Just 25 minutes North of Breckenridge is the town of Silverthorne. On November 14th, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, the Silverthorne Outlets will be hosting their 10th Annual Holiday Shopping Extravaganza, where 100% of the proceeds from ticket sales will benefit local charities. With $25,000 dollars in prizes and giveaways, numerous shopping discounts, free breakfast, lunch, drinks, tastings, entertainment, dessert bar and shuttle service, this is one charity event not to be missed. Located at 246-V Rainbow Dr., Silverthorne, CO 80498.
- Just after the previous event, on November 14th from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm at the Riverwalk Center at 150 W. Adams Avenue in Breckenridge, comes another great opportunity for charity with the CAIC Benefit Bash. This is the 8th annual charity event of its kind, raising awareness for and furthering the advancement of the Colorado Avalanche Information Center. Please help support this important organization and their endeavors to encourage safe winter recreation by attending and enjoying our silent auction, live music, great food, beer and people.
1. WE ARE THANKFUL FOR OPENING DAY
- Huzzah! Winter is coming! The snow at Breckenridge will soon begin to blanket our fiery fall forest into a wondrous winter wonderland. The weather in Breckenridge ranges from 50 degrees to 30 degrees Fahrenheit during the month of November. It is generally sunny outside until mid-month; the first snowfall historically occurs around the 13th. If it weren’t for snow, we would never get to enjoy the splendor of riding top speed down our glorious snowcapped mountains. We are especially thankful for this miracle of Mother Nature.
- Of course, Opening Day is number one on our list of thankfulness! It is our favorite day of the year and the most eagerly anticipated one. As of November 13th at a 9:00 am ribbon cutting ceremony, the ski season will formally be upon us and Breckenridge gondolas will open for business. Event’s will continue throughout the day with live guest DJ’s laying down some sweet tracks, free swag giveaways, and a special tribute to honor United States service men and women as part of Veterans Weekend. So break out your skis, snowboards, hot chocolate and parkas, because the powder is fresh and the holidays are a-comin’!